Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Frogmas to all...

Morning froggy followers.

It's been a while since my last posting but I have been a tad busy what with sleeping, slurping, sloshing, Irish weddings and, of course, Crimbo. So, where to begin...

Early November myself and my humans took themselves off to Ireland (flights 17 and 18 of this year) to the wedding of the female human's brother in Sligo. They found a nice hotel. Here is your amphibious bundle of green checking ot the view...


The mountain is callen Benbulben or something and beyond it is the Atlantic and then next stop Americky.

Naturally the bride and groom insisted I was made best frog for the event and pleaded and begged to have their picture taken with me. The groom is on the right...not sure if he was still sober at this point though...


We (the humans and I) even managed to go a bit cultural and took a drive out to the Lake of Inishfree where W.B. Yeats apparently did most of his scribing. As you can see from the photograph below it was raining rather heavily and this frog does not like too much water. Still, I look cool with the Isle of Inishfree in the background. The humans got a bit of a soaking too but that was just an excuse to go back to the hotel and consume hot port and whiskey. Also, the wedding went well (if you discount the groom setting fire to himself the night before) and a good time was had by all. Froggy good fortune to the happy couple!

Whilst sat at the airport in Shannon the humans rather sadly calculated that they had flown 40,000 miles and spent something like 60 hours in airports. Serves 'em right, I say.

Right, I'm off to eat the choccies on the tree. More tomorrow lilypad-lovers.

Kerm.

XXXX

No comments: