Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy birthday to me and Happy New Year to you...

...Yes it finally happened and I am now 40 years old (although I will always be twelve in my head). We passed a nice and relaxed Christmas which began with a nice meal on Christmas Eve in our favourite restaurant. Apparently we 'spotted' two alleged personalities (I dislike the word 'celebs' as it denotes people who are as a rule famous for doing nothing of note). I say apparently 'cos I am still not sure who one of them was. Kelly Brook, reasonably attractive and not very literate T.V. wallah here in Blighty and some film star called Billy Zane. Can't say I have ever heard of him but wifey says he was in the film 'Titanic' as Kate Winslett's betrothed. Was he any worse than Leonardo Can'tactio? Do I care? Will I notice him if we meet again? Probably as much as he would notice me...

Christmas Day. A nice quiet family-free one which was spent with our neighbours for a couple of hours in a nearby drinking establishment followed by more wine and choccie until we passed out on the couch for a snooze (not with our neighbours, of course,. we are not that close!) Kermit took advantage of our slumbers to try and scale the Christmas tree as he thought he had spotted a solitary foil-encrusted chocolate halfway up. We caught him in the act...



Boxig Day (St Stephen's Day if you are of an Irish persuasion) was again quiet as we did nothing more than indulge in more food and a bottle of Vino Collapso.

29th December - My 40th Birthday! Trish had arranged for a trip on the London Eye, something we had never done as she is not a fan of heights. I keep telling her she should be more frightened of depths...To the right the frog gets his leg over above London with the Houses of Parliament in the background and Trish poses in front of the aforementioned Eye, wearing it like a halo..


Just to the right of Kerm is Downing Street, home to our very own War-monger in Chief. Tony B.liar. He was, of course, out on another freebie holiday.

Pressie's, I got a few...A nice shiny new genuine Mont Blanc watch, advanced motorcyle training and all sorts of stuff including a bone and a courgette from that very nice Mr Steele and Lady Helen of Vigo. It took a while to work this one out but I did put on my Santa List that I would like (Children Take Note -'Like' and not 'want') bone marrow so I guess a a courgette will suffice for now as it is the same family horticulturally speaking. As the consultant said I could be drug-free over the Christmas/Birthday/New Year period whisky was back on the menu so we invested in a 16 year old Islay malt called Lagavulin. With the assistance of our trusty neighbours it did not last too long. After this we staggered to the pub, got more leg-less, had a dance (something I never do sober!), met Mike who shares the same birthday and cringed as Trish acquired the singer's microphone and warbled out something or other. Not sure what it was but it cleared the bar...

New year? Probably an early night until all those b£*&^%d fireworks start at midnight. A prosperous 2007 to all and to the muppet that scratched a key down our new car last night - A thousand nasty diseases on you and may scabs and pus-filled boils forever grow on your genitals.

Happy New Year!

Paul, Trish and Kermit

XXXX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the frog having taken up the keyboard again to keep me entertained at work.

Shame about the Ashes-guess there will be no parade this time i suspect a firing squad would be more appropriate and you have just the Prime Minister to arrange it.