Tuesday, November 07, 2006

On yer 'bike...

And so it came to pass that the humans decided to wake me up at 05:30 and drag me to the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham which is about 150 miles north of my trusty lily-pad. Naturally, due the shortness of my green but perfectly formed leggies motorcycling and I are not familiar bed-fellows. I do, however, get regularly thrown into the pannier or rucksack and taken places, in this case the NEC. The humans were apparently hunting for a new leather jacket for him and a new crashy-helmet for her. Why do they call it a crash-helmet when that is the last thing you would want to do in it. 'Tis a bit like having a 'near-miss'. Surely a near-hit is more truthful? Discuss...

The humans rather embarrasingly were dragged up onto a stage to play something called the Yes/No game in which they had questions fired at them but could not answer 'yes' or 'no'. The female lasted 28 seconds and the male 14. Pathetic. So, they blew the chance of a free pair of Dunlop tyres - GBP200.00 (USD USD360.00, NZD480). S'okay though as the male only uses Bridgestones.

They went to see this machine. 1400cc and 170 (270 kmh) should be fast enough. Also me and Mrs Froggy can have some horizontal samba in those large panniers. Ride me baby!


They also saw this...

Italian, so it will probably break down often and you may notice that there is no perch for the female so I think this is a non-starter.

So, after dragging me around various stands and stalls things began to look up when I saw and met these fine specimens:

Then, just when I thought things couldn't get any better I met this fine wench...


She was okay but I have had to conceal her 'phone number from Mrs Froggy...

A fine day was had by all, including the neighbour who did the driving. Thanks Bruce! More tomorrow fans. I am knackered and need sleep.

Tata- for now.

Kerm.

XXXX


No comments: