Monday, August 07, 2006

Falling in love is hard on the knees...

...so sang Aerosmith. Well, so is rolling around garage cleaning the motorbike.

Today I went to the hospital, again. This time to give more blood and to obtain a matching needle wound on my right arm to match the left, which is still black and blue from last Wednesday's assault. Or as today's nursey put it,

"Bloody 'ell. What did they use? A mallet and a knitting-needle?"

Today's hospital visit was of course a precursor to tomorrow's visit to get results of liver tests and all that malarkey. Oh well, I'm not dead yet...On the same vein (pause for groans) a though crossed my mind today. Quickly I plugged a finger into each ear so as it could not escape and then I examined it. Carefully. Yup, definitely one of mine. It was this: If I were sad and stupid enough to be a drug addict then the State would give me freee methadone or whatever I needed. (Since when did giving another version of the same drug stop addiciton. Anybody?) If I were unlucky enough to be diabetic all my prescriptoins would be free but, as I only have leukaemia (with no cure so far) I have to pay for my medication. As Terry Wogan says, is it me?

Her Royal Trishness meanwhile has been muttering about wanting to go on holiday. Morocco and Vietnam have been mentioned. I think she has morphed in to Judith Chalmers but, whilst thumbing through various photographs I think I have found out her plans....




















On the left is Trish with 2 policemen 11000 feet up in the Andes. On the right she is with 2 more Rozzers on Santa Monica Pier at the end of our Route 66 jaunt. Methinks she has a uniform fetish...

One last thing before I dash off to watch 'Emmerdale'. Next Sunday is the day of the International Walk-the-Plank Championships. Our good friend and very nice chap Mad Mike Young is hoping to win the title for the third time in a row. Queenborough Harbour is the place to be. Not sure what he has planned for this time but an inflated crocodile and winged boots have been mentioned.

Toodle pip peoples.

Froggy will return tomorrow...

Paul and Greebo the Wonder Cat
XXXX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you are well!!! Dont give the nurses too much agro.
Hux

Mtnphotoman said...

Really good to hear that you're getting better, Gary and I are hoping for the best! Say hi to Kermit, and be careful with those knitting needles and rubber mallets! Say hello to Trish as well. Get better damnit! That's an order!!!
Sincerely
Bearnard B. Behr and Gary

Anonymous said...

Belatedly, thanks for the plug! Now I can fill my bath again ha-ha. Well, I gained second place and as Maltloaf sang; "Two out of three ain't bad). But it was smashing fun and the spectaterors had fun and that's all that counts.
Luv from Mad Mike XX