Monday, July 17, 2006

Sheppey, Sheppey...

...doesn't quite have the same ring as New York, New York but then again New York doesn't have sheep, Mr Steele and the Brambledown Farm shop.

Every other advert on NY telly is for a fast food outlet and finding a place that actually sells fresh veggies is a nightmare. In the last week we have had one piece of broccoli each and the bit I had I stole from Trish's plate when she was slurping some wine and staring out of the window.
Broccoli reminds us, of course of the great (but not late) Mr David Quinn, Kiwi extraordinaire, the bowel-buggered financial whizz of old Auckland town. This guy takes no s@#t, but then again can't seemingly give it either. Imodium. Don't you just love it? Let us know when the Porsche arrives Sir David and we will nip over for a test drive. Trish sends a big hug to Heather (Auckland Shopaholic of the Year), Ella (A young lady that lunches) and Jake (Probably the only sane family member). I am beginning to suspect that Heather has already led Trish astray... Left, Auckland and right,New York. Over-priced rubbish.





















We found a few Link Wray CD's here but unable to raise Mr Steele to see which he wanted. We also found a BLT for Anthony (Trish's brother), but temptation took over. It was very nice...

ANNICE! Trish says "You are not getting your hands on my new shoes but if you save enough money I will take you shopping." Annice, I have a pair of very smelly, round-the-world trainers to which you are welcome...

Thanks to all who left abuse/messages, particularly Steeley and Mrs Martins, who has a porch, but no porsche. Greetings to Soxy and the gang.

Anne and Marlene (The Kath and Kim of Tas) we trust all is well and being back to work is fun...

To all we have missed out, sorreee... This blog will remain open and in the next few weeks photographs will be posted for your amusement. (Except the David Quinn pictures which will be posted at www.naked-financier.co.nz).

Taxi to JFK arriving shortly so we must sign off now. Speak from England.

Paul, Trish and Froggy
XXXX

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I understand why NZ was the favoured spot. NZ & Sheppey have one thing in common. SHEEP!. Guess it felt like home. Sheep shaggers of the world unite!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish & Paul
Life is finally back to normal, but what is normal? I have started my new rotation on cardio/thoracic. Boy do I have a lot to learn, but that is why I am there. Marlene started work 2 weeks ago, so she is adjusted to the norm. At the moment I think Sydney is as cold as Tassie. Today being the best day since I have beeb back. I quite often think of you both and the time in Fiji. My Fijian bowel stayed with my for a week and disappeared as quickly as it came, thank goodness for that. I had a very enjoyable time with family before returning to Sydney and while there had a surprise visit from my son (who works between Melbourne and Brisbane and any place in between). Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Anne